TMV 150 Directional Knife Gate Valve
Featuring a new heavy duty stainless steel valve gate that is:
- Taller, thicker, and has more seating area than any gate we have produced before
- The blade taper is on the downstream side, with an asymmetrical tip design to allow positive seating of the blade during closing
- The gate is fully machined on the upstream side to improve alignment while opening and closing
- New dovetail clevis is threaded to valve shaft creating a more robust shaft-to-blade connection
Additional Valve Upgrades:
- Improved Towniprene® material with higher tensile strength and tear resistance
- A deeper Towniprene® seat channel that improves blade alignment and sealing
- Increased seat area spreads closing forces over a larger area
- Towniprene® wraps around the high chrome wear port to improve bonding
- Larger 6” diameter hydraulic cylinder is standard adding increased opening and closing force
The all new “dove tail” shaft to blade connection utilizes a custom machined locking block that threads onto the stainless steel threaded shaft. This shaft and block combination is then mated into a matched cutout in the heavy duty blade. This combination of perfectly matched CNC machined parts creates a maintenance free shaft to blade connection.
Bigger, Better Blade, New Formula, Better Fit
This new blade is also larger, thicker and tapered to perfectly fit into the deep Towniprene® valve seat. The new Towniprene® formula is more tear resistant and provides additional tensile strength.
Our video library contains a wide variety of informative, engaging, and educational presentations about our company history, products, services, and manufacturing facilities. Feel free to browse through the video library to learn more about Townley and our many offerings.