Series 80-TP Towniprene® Lined Knife Gate Valve
Townley has created a unique line of Series 80-TP Towniprene® Urethane Lined Knife Gate Valves designed to provide an excellent lifetime of service in fine slurry found in mining beneficiation, tailings handling, and Coal-fired FGD limestone slurry circuits. These rugged one-piece cast ductile iron body, urethane lined valves provide absolute sealing when closed because of the precision-machined radius on the edge of the blade and the compression seal at the apex. Fine media does not adhere to the unique fluorocarbon treated blade and maintenance can change out the bottom portion of the valve in the field. Townley can recommend and install any actuation you desire to meet your requirements in a quick-turn fashion.
- Most standard sizes in stock, ready to ship!
- Available in 2″ to 54″
- 36″ to 54″ are fabricated
- Standard 316L blade
- The blade is also available in 2205 and other materials.
- Heavy-duty cast ductile iron body and yoke are designed to resist deflection from line loads and internal pressure
- A thick bonded-in Towniprene® liner and seat molded to provide a bi-directional seal across the blade and a compression seal at the apex of the gate during the closure
- Pressures up to 150 PSI
- The bottom of the seat is flush eliminating trapped debris and slurry, allowing for leak-free closure
- Easily converted from handwheel operator to air, hydraulic, electric, or bevel gear operators with positioners, limit switches, and lock-outs as required
- Isolated brass stem bushing prevents corrosion and assures smooth actuation
- PTFE based lubricated synthetic packing provides positive gland sealing during operation, with adjustable packing flange
- Full port ID for unrestricted media flow
- Corrosion-resistant stainless steel stem and blade for years of unsurpassed service
- The edge of the blade has a machined radius to ensure side sealing and easy actuation
- Field repairable to help reduce costs
- Optional custom self-contained package available for remote sites
- Treatment on the blade provides lubricity and the radius edge of the blade makes the valve the easiest to actuate than any other valve on the market