Series 80-BA Severe Duty Knife Gate Valves
The rugged Series 80-BA Severe Duty Knife Gate Valves were designed to operate in the harsh environment found in the bottom ash service of coal fired power plants as well as in matrix and coarse tailings found in mining. High-chrome iron inserts coupled with a compressible Towniprene® urethane seat, give this valve excellent impact and wear resistance while retaining a positive seal in any severe duty.
This purpose-designed valve can handle the tough conditions found in coal by-product removal and the high impact often experienced in coarse mining slurries.
Some of the unique features:
- Heavy cast ductile iron body and yoke
- 304 SS stem and clevis
- 316 gates with a machined radius on the parallel surfaces, ensures a positive seal
- Blades incorporate TSF-2R surface treatment to allow for easy opening and closing and non-stick surface to repel slurry attachment
- Mechanically locked-in high-chrome inserts to absorb impact of solids
- Molded and bonded Towniprene® seat, ensures 1 00% bubble tight sealing when gate is in closed position
- TLSP Teflon lubricated synthetic packing provides positive gland sealing during operation, with adjustable packing flange
- Up to 150 PSI bi-directional operating pressure options available for higher pressures
- Hand wheel or full actuation