Towniflex™ Slurry Hose
Townley offers a large selection of hand-built hose configurations for the toughest slurry applications found in mineral and metal mining, as well as coal-fired power plants with FGD and dredging.
Especially suited to matrix solids handling at the front end of the mine, mill circuits, in-plant processing and tailings, scrubber pump suction, bottom ash discharge and other applications like dredging and dewatering, you cannot find a more versatile and flexible solution.
An excellent customizable product to replace worn pipe and fittings especially where plant settling has occurred and fit-up of rigid pipe is a problem. Townley hose comes standard with integrated built-in nipples and a continuous gum rubber or neoprene wear tube through the ID onto the flange surface for excellent sealing. Each hose is finished with a permanent serial number and an ozone resistant covering.
- Utility – The Series 6000 is the Flagship of the hose line with the best utility for most applications. This medium duty hose is available in lengths up to 5-50 feet and 3-40” ID. With excellent flexibility for discharge duty and light suction, this hose can handle up to 150 PSI operating pressure.
- Heavy Duty – For higher pressure ratings and field piping, our Mining-flex is considered the workhorse of mine sites both for Matrix or transport from the “face of the mine” to the plant and tailings discharge circuits. Designed for 150-300 PSI operating pressures.
- Heavy Duty Flex – When faced with severe bending, the Super-Mining-Flex also known as “Flex-pipe” by our customers would be a great choice. The ring design enables flexing with a maximum bend radius of 7 times the ID without deforming or crimping the wear tube, especially valuable for severe terrain following. Designed for 150-300 PSI operating pressures.
- Suction – For in-plant use, the heavily wire reinforced Series 1000 hose is the perfect choice for pump suction service available in shorter lengths for this dedicated application.
- Self-floating – For dewatering applications or off-shore dredging discharge service our Floating-Hose is a great choice. This style hose is constructed similarly to the Mining Flex with additional external closed cell flotation layers. While somewhat limited in flexing, most customers join the rigid hose with shorter lengths of more flexible hose.
- Special Use – For low pressure gravity feed, higher pressure applications, wear tube selection, flange styles, taps, drains or lifting lugs please contact our Towniflex™ engineering department for assistance with your particular specifications.