UBD™ Slurry Pump
The patented UBD Slurry Pump is considered the greatest advancement in matrix pumping Mill cyclone feed pumping and hydro-transport of tailings in the last decade. Designed to upgrade the GIW-LSA/WBC style pumps featuring clean hydraulic porting, this pump incorporates the patented recessed volute with a nesting closed impeller, which prevents eddy-current induced wear sites and virtually eliminates re-circulation between the impeller shroud and suction liner. Coupled with a clean suction port and the right choice of materials, our customers are realizing improved wear life and reduced operating cost.
- Improved NPSHR, “net positive suction head required”
- Lower power consumption (less drag)
- Passes large particles
- Variety of typical sizes
- Wear-resistant materials
- Significant improvement in hydraulic performance
- Uniform wear means extended life
- When coupled with our Townley Bearing assembly, we incorporate a heavy duty shaft to prevent deflections induced by uneven impeller loads
- Pre-tested bearing assembly and extra heavy duty pedestal to assure reliable field operation
- Unique impeller release collar to provide the safe removal of the worn impeller
- Available in alloy for coarse feed and Towniprene® lined for certain tailings applications
Townley Engineering and Manufacturing does not represent nor is it any way affiliated with GIW-LSA/WBC®, a registered trade mark of the KSB Group.