WRK™ FGD Pump Conversion
The first FGD Pumps installed in the 1970’s and 1980’s experienced widespread rubber liner failure.
Rubber is a poor material choice for absorber recycle pump applications because it:
- Is perishable and deteriorates
- Is adversely affected by heat buildup above room temperature
- Can separate, be cut, “chunk-out”, and plug the spray nozzles and manifolds, greatly reducing FGD efficiency
For a time, bonded-in urethane liners replaced the rubber liners, but the industry discovered that alloy white iron impellers and pump casings are the best suited materials for this application.
Unfortunately over the past 10 years, the coal fired power industry has been supplied a large number of rubber lined absorber recycle pumps such as the Warman GSL 600, 700, 800 & 1000. A high rate of premature impeller and suction liner wear as well as damage to volute liners is well documented. As a result, we have designed our WRK FGD Pump Conversion.
Our WRK FGD Pump Conversion Design Upgrades
- Robust impeller and suction liner design to extend wear life
- Impeller and suction liner made of Townley alloy HC34, proven in absorber recycle pumps for more than 20 years
- Relinable, Bonded Towniprene® seal and suction cover inlet
- Adjustable suction liner eliminates the need to move impeller and risk damage to mechanical seal
- Direct bolt-up conversion requires no piping changes
- Peak pump efficiency maintained
- Unique serial number embossed on each casting for full traceability
- First installation of WRK 800 now in service 50 months as of June 2014, showing minimal signs of wear – O.E.M. lasted only 20 months prior to failure
- Extensive contact list of current satisfied users
- Easy installation and adjustment
- Solid bowl pump casings for 800 & 1000. First WRK 800 installed October 2013
- All rubber wear parts eliminated, no chance of breakdown of rubber causing blockage of spray nozzles
- Short lead times, typically 8 weeks or less